MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

MySQL Timeout
Posted by: B Tam
Date: March 03, 2010 05:35AM

Hello everybody,

Today the server (PHP, MySQL) no response. In reality, we've such server hang many times and everytime, the hosting company claim that the reason is the MySQL has too many queues jam in there. And they blame us why don't set timeout in the program.

The MySQL connection part is coded by others and seems copy from phpBB. And I really can't found any part about the MySQL timeout.

I've 2 main problems :
1) Can I code the MySQL connection part to control the query timeout? If yes, how?
2) I've checked that the PHP info., mysql.connect_timeout is 60 seconds and the "wait timeout" of MySQL is 60 seconds also. So seems the system should have the timeout already. Is it reasonable to trust the hosting company that the MySQL timeout is the real reason of server hang? Would it be helpful to decrease the system timeout settings? If yes, how much to decrease? Decrease which one (or both) ?

Deeply Thx.
B

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL Timeout
March 03, 2010 05:35AM
March 04, 2010 10:30PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.