MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Re: Showing recordsets from tables with one (main table) to many (secondary table) relationship
Posted by: Kostas Telias
Date: January 12, 2011 02:23PM

Thank you for your help Rick.

I see this purpose a little complex if i want to have all the functionality i need. For example, 'ordering by scientificname and after by genus' was only an example. I might need ordering by almost as many fields as shown in the 'ob' combobox, and all these orderings must be accumulative.

The main problem i find is if, for example, i order by scientificname, after by genus, and after by family; there would be species with the same family, even with the same genus, and still even with the same scientificname. How could i find if "AND scientificname > '$escientificname'" between two of them, with the same scientific name?

Anyway, i like very much your purpose, it looks really beautiful, but i understand the whole 'array alternative' developed by me before in this thread and also it's totally suitable for the application needs. Then, do you find on it any inefficience? I would like to know your opinion.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Showing recordsets from tables with one (main table) to many (secondary table) relationship
January 12, 2011 02:23PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.