MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Migrating to mysql cluster
Posted by: Ruslan Talpa
Date: August 19, 2005 12:47PM

I would like to know if there is a way to migrate smoovely between the 2 configurations i will describe bellow.
Currently the site runs on 3 dualxeon servers under a loadbalancer. each runs apache/php/mysql. The files are syncronized using rsync and the database using mysql replication. Php is 4.3 and mysql is Server: 4.0.21, Client: 3.23.52. Though the performance is ok i am not happy with mysql syncronization. I have to resync them quite often and i would like to move it to mysql cluster. For this we are planning to get 3 new servers on which we'll run the data nodes and management nodes ( each one will run them ). Now here is the question. Can the current mysql servers ( 4.0.21 ) act as sql nodes for the cluster? If not i will have to run them on the 3 new servers also. In this case, is it possible to have them use the 3.23.52 client libraries so that i wont have to recompile the php?
Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Migrating to mysql cluster
August 19, 2005 12:47PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.