MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Re: Newby needs some help - collation/charset ?
Posted by: Marvin Miller
Date: December 16, 2013 05:25PM

Hi Barry - thanks for the reply!

I've been beating my head against the wall for some time on this issue :(

I just checked the table structure for the insert statement that is failing and the charset is UTF8 and the collation is utf8_general_ci

This issue seems to have cropped up after using the latest MySQL & PHP releases for the forums (that's the application I'm running).

I did a search of *.php files for the entire site for the keywords SET NAMES and came up with nothing as well as mysql_set_charset - so my guess is that that site doesn't set any of these and uses the defaults on the MySQL dB (this is an assumption, keep in mind, I don't have any real knowledge in these areas of any depth).

I enabled logging on the MySQL dB server and then ran the .php file that fails. I don't know if this could be helpful or if anything jumps out at you but this is the last bit of an insert where it seems to stop;

[*]1- und 2-wertige BBcodes
    [*]Buttons für 1-wertige BBcodes
    [*]Test des BBCodes bei der Bearbeitung mit Vorschaufenster

[HISTORY_OLD_END]
')

At that point it seems to stop.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Newby needs some help - collation/charset ?
December 16, 2013 05:25PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.