MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Re: Cannot connect to remote mysql.
Posted by: Tom Chambers
Date: September 21, 2016 10:47PM

Thanks for your response Roel.. here is more detail that might help..
1. The mysql data base is on the server and in this case hostgator.. and its totally real estate used data base course that does not matter..
2. Not on my puter at all.. however i do have Xampp with php and mysql installed so i could put it there for testing.. however most likely its somethng blocking on the server..
3. My understanding is you do not need to give the permission you related to since these sites have fairly amatuers workikng with them so they could not need sll.. or they would never get them working..
4. As i understand it.. you need to have your host open port 3306 which is mysql and then you go into the backend and purify or report to the host the ip that you will be querying from .. I have done all that..
5. But because I am a little more techy than the average real estate agent.. I have my on VPS with root access and did go in the firewall and open the 3306 and also entered the IPS i will be coming in on..but still cannot get it to connect...and with the miniscule to no reporting back what the error is makes it more difficult..
6. most of the million real estate agents just give it up and stay with local host.. but in many cases I want to share data bases with others therefore the need for remote host and it should really be a simple matter.. it should not be rocket science..
7. I am all for being your guiena pig if you wanted to do the research for the next article on Remote Mysql Setup... and if the agents heard about you you might become famous.. Haha... thanks for any help..
So quick recap again..
a. localhost works fine.
b. remote on same server fails.
c. remote from one server to another fails>
d. when I run a scanner on hostgator it shows the port 3306 is open and ready.
e. I have whitelisted all ips being used..
f. None of the hostgator or other real estate servers require sll setting priviledges.. other than open the port and whitelist the ip being used..
g. and worst is that i am horrible with SSL but I can use it on my VPS but of course not on hostgator.. and I did try to communicate with the hostgator site via SSL from my VPS with negative results..NO Connection.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
September 21, 2016 07:48PM
Re: Cannot connect to remote mysql.
September 21, 2016 10:47PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.