MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Using mysql if the server is using ms sql?
Posted by: jonathan grant
Date: February 22, 2017 01:34PM

Forgive me for being such a noob, but I am having to help the nonprofit my wife is on the board of with their database integration (feeding children in Sierra Leone who were orphaned by the Ebola virus and/or the civil war). My only experience is with PHP and MySQL, which I know enough to create the admin pages and keep up with their ever-changing needs in accessing the info and doing various things with it. I can reuse all the functions I have created for previous projects.

However, they have someone redesigning the website itself and moving the database and everything over on his own server. He is going to use microsoft SQL and said he doesn't know mysql. What he's doing is great, but they can't afford to pay him to also create the admin side or to keep up with their ever changing needs. (I can't do what he's doing, though, as that is beyond my ability/skill)

If he has it set up to use microsoft SQL, is there a way that I can still use php and MySQL for the admin pages? I'm completely clueless about this kind of thing and don't know where to go for help. Thanks so much!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Using mysql if the server is using ms sql?
February 22, 2017 01:34PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.