MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

How to upgrade MySql to 5.6
Posted by: SUBRATA SARKAR
Date: March 25, 2017 05:01AM

Hi,
First of all I apologize if this is not the correct place to put this question. I have just signed up today and posting my first topic here. So please bear with me.

I need to upgrade my MySql version from 5.5.54 to 5.6 on my Ubuntu 14.04 LTS PC (local development environment). I searched and found a number of posts and threads which say I can do this using apt-get.

The problem I have is I installed PHP and MySql about four ago back using Phpbrew along with other services:

$ phpbrew install php 5.6.22+default+curl+json+mysql+gd+libssh-php+asps2=/usr/bin/axps2

If now I upgrade MySql using apt-get can there be any conflict with other software and extensions I installed by Phpbrew?

1. Do I need to upgrade using Phpbrew only? If yes, do I need to use all those extensions I installed along with MySql installation? Phpbrew has the ability to install one package at a time but I am in a dilemma about my existing sites and other settings.

2. If I use apt-get, does this create another instance of MySql or upgrade the current version (because the previous version was installed using Phpbrew).

Looking for your help and advice.

Kind regards,
Subrata Sarkar

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
How to upgrade MySql to 5.6
March 25, 2017 05:01AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.