MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Re: Root is tryng to resolve to a Chinese IP address
Posted by: Osa Walls
Date: November 17, 2017 03:23PM

it has added 3 blank scrips, but no data What's a "blank scrip"?

I have an empty database directory titled "Data01" in the MySQL data directory. When I run the MySQL test, I get a connected successful message an note that "table was created". When I go directly into the Data01 directory, there are three faded out page icons with the titles

alldata.fm
alldata.MYD
alldata.MYI

alldata is the correct title for the the table and schema. It appears that the test creates the three empty documents and does not know the data tables have not been loaded.

It would have come in through either the Microsoft or Oracle installation software?

When I encounter a problem like this, I put a brand new load of 2016 server software on a spare server machine. I then make 4-6 clones of the OS so that when I have a "fail", I do not have to uninstall the PHP and SQL programs. I always start fresh. The server at this point is not connected to the internet to set up the "PHP Setup software. So, I know if the Chinese are getting into my server it would of had to come in with the PHP and SQL software installers. I think we would agree that that is very unlikely

So you know how this site works, The client has put a rather nice weather staion on my premise. It connects wirelessly to a console in my office where the weather data is sent every three seconds via an api interface through a USB connection. This data is directed toward the Data01 sql tables. At this point, there is no weather website published so there is no possibilty of a public nuisance getting into the machine. Now when the website goes active, the weather sttion will be on the clients premise and the web site on mine. Then the .api data is sent to the site on my server via TCP "www.murphywx.net/template/" I expect that will happen if I can get the alien public ip out of my localhost.

You can view a beta version of the website operating from the outside hosted site at the URL referenced above.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.