MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Re: Number on a varchar column
Posted by: Daniel Kolbach
Date: December 22, 2017 01:51PM

In case someone is following this post. I solve the problem and it was nothing to do with mysql, php or Laravel. I have been working on this project for a while working with different data sets, per coincidence (as i said before) this particular data set had only the number 44 (which needed to be treated as a string) on the columns size. I when to do some shores that the wifie had set for me giving me time to think. Wen i came back i look at the data and realized that the size column on the CSV file was the last one. Open it on a text editor and long and behold there were extra characters at the end of the line. Eliminating those characters solved the problem. Why the server that creates those characters i don't know and being a closed system is nothing i can do, but i could add an extra column to the csv dump, now those extra characters are in a column that i don't need.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
December 21, 2017 11:26AM
December 21, 2017 11:37AM
December 21, 2017 02:34PM
December 21, 2017 04:00PM
Re: Number on a varchar column
December 22, 2017 01:51PM
December 22, 2017 03:32PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.