MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Re: Problem link PHP 5.1.2 + Mysql 5.0.18 + Apache 2.0.55
Posted by: Rodney Moore
Date: July 11, 2006 11:00AM

I have the same problem and have tried most of the proposed solution
(change PHPRC, eliminate all of the php.ini files but one; move php_mysql.dll and/or libmysql.dll to php/ext and php). I can create and populate a database
in MySQL v5.1; install and run PHP5.2 (this is from the daily build directory to pick up the fixes php5_apache2.dll -> php_apache2_2.dll to solve dependency issues with missing dll for LoadModule php5_module modules/php_apache2.dll (broken, need new name) in "X":\php\php.ini) I found this solution and directory in the www.php.net FAQ's. I was able to run PHP scripts from a mozilla FireFox client on the Apache server in the .\Apache2.2\httdocs directory including phpinfo(). The Apache v2.2.2 server installed and ran without a hitch. HOWEVER, I COULD NOT link to mysql_connect() or any other mysql function within a PHP script. I finally changed display_startup_errors in the php.ini file from off-to-on and restarted
the Apache 2.2.2 server. It displayed the following in a warning dialog box:

PHP Startup: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20050613, debug=0, thread-safety=1
PHP compiled with module API=20050922, debug=0, thread-safety=1
These options need to match

OK

I am not able to compile the source for libmysql.dll or php_mysql.d.. (PECL).
It looks like a recompile of the mysql "shared" libraries may solve either all
or part of the problem. I hope the developers at www.php.net are listening??

Irie
Rodney

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Problem link PHP 5.1.2 + Mysql 5.0.18 + Apache 2.0.55
July 11, 2006 11:00AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.