MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Re: Strange issue connecting to MySQL from PHP
Posted by: Brian Long
Date: May 04, 2006 06:36PM

Bob ::

Ran your code and no errors came up. I "echoed" the $query and it all looks good. Please see below...

Query = SELECT username, password FROM faqusers WHERE username='brian.long' and password='15324'

The variables for "username" and "password" are correct. Again, I simply click on cancel to emtpy fields and it works.

Another thing I can add is that you have to do it in sequence for it to work. By that I mean, I enter username and password, the dialog becomes the empty field, and then you must click CANCEL. If you enter the username and password again, you get the same results.

Also, if you enter an incorrect username and password, click OK, get the login dialog with empty fields and then click CANCEL, it takes you to the page stating that you must enter a VALID username and password.

It is almost like the username and password variables are held in memory or out of order in some sequence or something.

Thanks,

B

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Strange issue connecting to MySQL from PHP
May 04, 2006 06:36PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.