connecting to embedded db from c#
Posted by: jaret pfluger
Date: November 02, 2004 07:44PM

Hello,

I'm trying to use the embedded db with the dot-net-connector. Has anyone been successful doing this and could provide any tips or maybe a connection string / code snippet that shows how to do this in c#? Would I need to flip the linker switch (in dot-net) between libmysqld and libmysql. In vain I have searched... Or maybe I am pursuing this wrong?

I did find Matt's post on http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/libmysqld_compiling.html... I am using MySql version 4.1.7... Would anyone know if this tidbit still applies? (looks like it was compiled October 25, 2004) That snippet reads: "If you are going to use the Embedded MySQL Server with C#, you MUST re-compile MySQL with the USE_TLS pre-processor constant defined in the "mysys" project. Otherwise the mysql_server_init() function call will fail."

Ok. Thanks for any help.

Jaret

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
connecting to embedded db from c#
November 02, 2004 07:44PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.