table_row is not constant in innodb partitioned table
Posted by: rajnish kumar
Date: June 26, 2012 06:31AM

Hi Team,

As mentioned in mysql 5.5 documents

TABLE_ROWS: The number of table rows in the partition.
For partitioned InnoDB tables, the row count given in the TABLE_ROWS column is only an estimated value used in SQL optimization, and may not always be exact.
Beginning with MySQL Cluster NDB 7.0.22 and MySQL Cluster NDB 7.1.11, TABLE_ROWS shows correct information for NDB tables. Previously, for partitions of NDB tables, the TABLE_ROWS column value was always 0.
For NDB tables, you can also obtain this information using the ndb_desc utility.

, but i wannat know whether it is a bug or what , because i implement partition on innodb table aroung 96 lac record ,abd when I see count(*) on table table row number is ok but when I run query on information_schema.partitions and want to know which partition have how many rows ,it always varry .

i didnot understand what is going on ,How estimated value used in SQL optimization exceed total number of rows count in that table ?

can any one tell me in details why this things happend , i am using 5.5.20 MySQL Community Server (GPL) server .

i just wanna confirm wheter it is a bug or i can go ahead and implement partition on live environment.

thanks in Advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
table_row is not constant in innodb partitioned table
June 26, 2012 06:31AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.