MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Certification

error in question 12 of chapter 12: Joins practice question from MySQL 5 Study Guide
Posted by: Barrett Smith
Date: June 04, 2007 01:33PM

In my version of the study guide, the answer to question 12 of the Chapter 12: Joins seems to be in error, though I don't see any errata listings for the practice questions. The question is...

Question 12:
Which of the following statements are true?
1. Joins are restricted to SELECT statements.
2. Joins work for INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE statements.
3. Joins work for SELECT, UPDATE, and DELETE statements.
4. Joins work for UPDATE statements, but it's not possible to change data in more than one table within
a single join.
5. Joins work for DELETE statements, but it's not possible to delete data in more than one table within
a single join.

And the answer is...
Answer 12:
In MySQL, joins work for INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE statements. It's possible to change data in more than one table when joining tables in an UPDATE or DELETE statement.

I know from experience that joins work for SELECT statements, but can someone confirm that the answer given is incorrect and point me to errata listings for the practice questions?

Thanks,
Barrett

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2007 01:33PM by Barrett Smith.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
error in question 12 of chapter 12: Joins practice question from MySQL 5 Study Guide
June 04, 2007 01:33PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.