MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Certification

MySQL 5 Developer looking for more certifications
Posted by: Gregory Robertson
Date: February 11, 2013 02:16PM

I recently passed the exams for the `Oracle Certified Professional, MySQL 5 Developer`.

I am hoping someone more experienced on this forum can give me advice on what I should be doing next to further my education to make myself more appealing to employers.

Background-

I don't have any work related experience in computer science. I have been in finance since college (I just turned 28). I have a BS in computer science and a BA in management.

I'm working on a small website right now- 1 database, 4 tables, 1811 total rows of information (selling art). I'm doing the HTML, CSS, trying to teach myself phpMyAdmin and all the necessary PHP. I'm hoping that I can add that to my resume once I complete the website.

All that being said, is a certification in PHP my next step? I'm afraid if I get the DBA certification without any relevent work experience I will be in much the same position I am now.

I've had a heck of a time trying to catch the attention of staffing agencies in Austin, TX where I live.

If anyone could offer some advice I am extremely appreciative.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL 5 Developer looking for more certifications
February 11, 2013 02:16PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.