MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Certification

Legit Secondary market for OCP Mysql 5 vouchers ?
Posted by: Craig Henry
Date: April 04, 2013 11:59PM

HI there,

I'm a web dev by trade and was interested in doing the Mysql5 OCP cert. I've aready got some Zend / MS certs in the bag but wanted to complete the trinity and get some sql certs.

I was wondering if there are legitimate secondary market sources eg sites that sell short dated vouchers like getcertified4less that retail short dated Oracle vouchers or any ways for developers to get discounts legimately if their company doesn't have OPN status.

I appreciate that there is a crack down on Exam fraud and it's the same for all IT exam providers but the OCP exam at 2 exams of £131 + VAT seems somewhat costly if you compare it against other exams like the Zend PHP ones.

For £300 I could get 2 - 3 MS certs or 2 Zend certs for the same price so it makes hard to justify the cost.

If the price is the price then thats fair enough but at the current price level it just seems a bit overpriced to me and would get better value for money doing certs from other providers.

Regards

-Craig Henry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2013 12:00AM by Craig Henry.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Legit Secondary market for OCP Mysql 5 vouchers ?
April 04, 2013 11:59PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.