MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft SQL Server

Mysql ODBC running a select prior to my insert
Posted by: craig higgins
Date: September 16, 2011 05:01AM

I wonder if someone can help a mysql novice like myself.

I have created an ODBC connection to Mysql from my Microsoft sql server (Windows server 2003, SQL server 2000). I have also created a linked server for querying.

All seems to work fine and I have create numerous successful inserts to the mysql server.

However it is quite slow. What I have discovered, from turning on the mysql driver 'log queries to myodbc.sql' option is that prior to every insert statement I am sending Mysql is performing a 'Select * from' the table I am trying to insert into. In some cases it is also trying to select * from other tables also?

I don't understand why it does this but wondered if anyone new of how to prevent it. I have scoured the internet looking for answers and only found reference to the driver doing it for something called 'Borland builder 4'. The note stated that if you use an 'Active' property it will automatically do a select * from before you task. But if you use an 'Open' property method it will not.

The problem is I cannot find such settings.

Any help would be gratefully received

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Mysql ODBC running a select prior to my insert
September 16, 2011 05:01AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.