MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft SQL Server

horrible ms sql export error
Posted by: Dave S
Date: September 23, 2004 09:45AM

Hi,
I've been having a terrible time trying to persuade ms sql 2000 DTS export to port a simple table to a mysql DB.

All works fine, except for 6 text fields (unfortunately the most crucial fields) which refuse to export (DTS helpfully reports "an error has occurred) - these text fields are rather long (500 character +) and may also have strange hidden formatting chars in them (some have been copied and pasted from MS Word docs - unfortunately I have no control over this.)

I can dump the table and import it to mySQL without any trouble, however I need to schedule the transfer as the mySQL BD needs updating daily.

I've tried changing the data format of the fields in both the source ms sql DB and the mySQL db (even tried exporting them as BLOBs) - but still have no joy with the transfer of data (DTS creates the table structure in mySQL fine)

Anyone got any ideas on how to get the DTS to play nicely? Or another way of automatically shifting the data from a ms sql DB to mySQL? This has been driving me nuts for months!

Thanks in advance,

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
horrible ms sql export error
September 23, 2004 09:45AM
September 26, 2004 07:17AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.