MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft SQL Server

Re: SQL Mode per user?
Posted by: Roland Bouman
Date: August 22, 2005 03:41AM

Actually, you can. It's a bit of a dirty trick I guess, but it sure does seem to work.

I did it like this. I created two users, ansi and traditional. Then I put this line in My.ini in the [mysqld] (server) section:

init_connect='select @sql_mode:=substring_index(current_user,\'@\',1); set sql_mode:=@sql_mode;'

the init_connect is a (list of) queries that is executed whenever a user connects. It is not executed for root, and i think also not for other users with the super privileges. (This is to prevent root from being locked out when this contains an invalid query)

Now, the query here strips of the local part of the username (the part before the @, so that 'ansi@%' yields just plain 'ansi') and stores it in a user variable (@sql_mode). Then, the value of the user variable is used to set the sql_mode.

At first, i tried to do

select @@sql_mode:= etc.

but alas this does not work: you need to do it in two steps.

I think it's possible to put all this in a file, and reference that from the ini file, but I dont know how. If you find out, please let me know.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
August 04, 2005 03:00PM
Re: SQL Mode per user?
August 22, 2005 03:41AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.