MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft SQL Server

installation mysql server error 1045
Posted by: Glenn Wybo
Date: February 03, 2011 03:10PM

Hi,

I know this topic is already logged many times. I'm sorry for that but I can't solve my problems with help from similar toppics.

I would like to install a MySQL server 5.5 on a server. I have the problem that in the 4th step (apply security settings) it always fails. I tried to solve this problem on my computer (so locally). No matter what I try (resetting the password command line, creating user in mysql admin...), I fail. I succeeded installing MySQL server 5.1, but then I can't get connection with my (java) application.

I use windows XP, no firewall, anti-virus or other security is installed. Also for reinstallation I removed the software and the mysql folder.

Can anyone advise a good working version of MySQL version? Or what procedures can I follow to make it work (locally and on a server)?

thanks for any help

here under you can find the error:

Problem installation mysql server 5.5 à problem in step: Apply security settings

The security settings could not be applied to the database because the connection has failed with th following error.
Error Nr. 1045
Access denied for user ‘root’@’localhost’ (using password:No)

If a personal firewall is running on your machine, please make sure you have opened the TCP port 3306 for connection. Otherwise no client application can connect to the server. After you have opened the port please press (Retry) to apply the security settings.

If you are reinstalling after just installed the MySQL please note the data directory was not removed automatically.
Therefor the old password from your last installation is still needed to connect to the server. In this case please select skip now and rerun the configuration window from the start menu.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2011 03:11PM by Glenn Wybo.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
installation mysql server error 1045
February 03, 2011 03:10PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.