MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft SQL Server

Connection to MYSQL from external windows application
Posted by: Jay Bird
Date: June 20, 2012 09:54AM

Hi all!

I have a website that was developed in PHP using MYSQL. Now, I am wanting to write an application in windows which accesses the MYSQL database, and returns data from that database to the application. I attempted this, and received the error "(xx.xxx.xxx.xx) is not allowed to connect to this MYSQL server". After some research, I found that there was a way to turn this off on the server by IP address. However, this application would eventually be distributed to other people and PC's, so I don't think this is a permanent solution. I think I could open the MYSQL database to the world, but I'm hoping for some way that I can connect to MYSQL and tell the server that I am coming from the hello world application only. Does anyone know if this is possible from an external application and MYSQL, or know of a secure way to connect to a remote website MYSQL database using an application that can have a dynamic IP address?

Thanks in advance!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Connection to MYSQL from external windows application
June 20, 2012 09:54AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.