MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Oracle

Need to import a db from one env to another env!!
Posted by: senthil subramanian
Date: May 13, 2014 09:18PM

Hi-We are doing a POC for which we have created an oracle(10g) database in a (test db)server provided by our customer and we are accessing the db thru a client(sql developer).The requirement is -since every one is having the access for the server ,we suppose to lose the data and dropping of tables occurring frequently.So But i need to take the backup(exp) from the remote server(oracle) and need to store it in my local machine (and import the same to MY SQL db residing in my local machine) .Can i do that?we need to create a similar database in our local(we don't have oracle server,due to cost factor) as a test database.

Since we don't oracle server in our machine,the only option is we are having MY SQL db in our machine,so we need to migrate the db from oracle db to my sql db.

How can we accomplish it.

in simple words-
I need to take the backup(exp) from the remote server(oracle) and need to store it in my local machine (and import the same to MY SQL db residing in my local machine) .Can i do that?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Need to import a db from one env to another env!!
May 13, 2014 09:18PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.