MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Oracle

Oralce Mysql migration and auto_increment
Posted by: R Singh
Date: October 29, 2008 05:00AM

Guys,

We are planning to do an Oracle to mysql migration. There are few tables that we need to migrate from Oracle to Mysql. Its a one off exercise and we will only use Mysql in future. All these tables have id that are generated from the sequences. We have created the tables in mysql with the auto_increment.

We cant use migratin toolkit because its on unix and we need to do this in outage and cant afford to risk any slippages. I was thinking to generate csv from Oracle and then use load file from mysql. When I try this on a sample of data, I can see that it doesnt load the id from the csv file from Oracle but uses auto_increment to generate this. This is not acceptable because we cant afford to reset the sequencing. How can we avoid this?

Is the above approach a good option or are there better alternatives? There are around 10 million records in each of these tables.

Thanks,
Raj

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Oralce Mysql migration and auto_increment
October 29, 2008 05:00AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.