MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Oracle

How to send a list of user defined objects to stored procedure?
Posted by: Lithwin Justin
Date: March 22, 2012 05:53AM

Hi,

I use Springs and hibernate.

How to send a list of user defined objects to a stored procedure?

Here's my scenario:
I have a table 'TEST' with two columns 'ID' and 'NAME'
From java, I have a list of Domain objects with two variables 'id' and 'name' that are mapped to this 'TEST' table by hibernate.
I want to insert the data that are available in the list of mapped domain objects into the 'TEST' table and also do some other operation on the DB side for each data in the list. So I have chosen the stored procedure to do the insert and do the rest of the needed operation. As there will be millions of records (in the list) to be inserted, I dont want to do my iteration in java and call my stored procedure every time considering the fact that my DB layer stays on a different machine.

Is there any way that MYSQL can understand these objects if I send them to the stored procedure?
Is there any way to BIND them so that they can understand the domain objects and start inserting?

Any lights on this would be highly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
How to send a list of user defined objects to stored procedure?
March 22, 2012 05:53AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.