MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Oracle

MySQL Workbench Migration Oracle Privileges
Posted by: Mark Davies
Date: July 26, 2012 10:01AM

Hi,

I am trying to use the new Migration assistant to create a MySQL version of my Oracle database. I can successfully connect to the Oracle database, but the process fails when trying to read schema details, I would guess because my user does not have sufficent privileges. Can you tell me what privileges I require or tables/views I need to be able to access in order to use this new tool. The migration log messages are at end of the message.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Starting...
Connect to source DBMS...
- Connecting to source...
Connection to apparently lost, reconnecting...
Connecting to ...
Opening ODBC connection to DSN=oracle odbc;PWD=XXXX...
Connected
Connect to source DBMS done
Check target DBMS connection...
- Connecting to target...
Check target DBMS connection done
Retrieve schema list from source....
- Checking connection...
Connection to apparently lost, reconnecting...
Connecting to ...
Opening ODBC connection to DSN=oracle odbc;PWD=XXXX...
Connected
- Fetching catalog names...
- Fetching schema names...
- Fetching schema names from None...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/MySQLWorkbench.app/Contents/Resources/libraries/workbench/wizard_progress_page_widget.py", line 191, in thread_work
self.func()
File "/Applications/MySQLWorkbench.app/Contents/PlugIns/migration_source_selection.py", line 419, in task_fetch_schemata
self.main.plan.migrationSource.doFetchSchemaNames(only_these_catalogs)
File "/Applications/MySQLWorkbench.app/Contents/PlugIns/migration.py", line 234, in doFetchSchemaNames
schema_names = self.getSchemaNames(catalog)
File "/Applications/MySQLWorkbench.app/Contents/PlugIns/migration.py", line 192, in getSchemaNames
return self._rev_eng_module.getSchemaNames(self.connection, catalog)
TypeError: DbGenericRE.getSchemaNames(): argument 2 must be a string but is None
*** ERROR: Retrieve schema list from source: DbGenericRE.getSchemaNames(): argument 2 must be a string but is None
Failed

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL Workbench Migration Oracle Privileges
July 26, 2012 10:01AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.