MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  IBM DB2

Re: Compatibility problem of timestamp datatype of DB2 & MySql
Posted by: Kamran Saadatjoo
Date: July 26, 2010 05:23PM

Diya: I don’t know if you’ve already solved this problem or not, but implementing or migrating DB2 tables that contain TIMESTAMP columns is more complicated that meets the eye. Yes, you’d have to specify any column containing TIMESTAMP data as CHAR(26) or VARCHAR(26) (DECIMAL(20,6) and BIGINT will work as well), but that is only the beginning. Basically your issues are as follows:

- DB2 tables with multiple TIMESTAMP NOT NULL (in MySQL, more than one of these columns causes a syntax error)
- DB2 tables with TIMESTAMP NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT TIMESTAMP
- Value for the CURRENT TIMESTAMP
- Stored Procedure parameters of type TIMESTAMP (IN, OUT, and INOUT)
- TIMESTAMP Data values that result from issuing a SELECT statement
- The handling of TIMESTAMP columns by Java, C, or whatever other interface programs

Anyway, if you can do without Microseconds (meaning you can do without those particular Primary keys), you should take that route. Otherwise, you have your work cut out for you. I’ve implemented this on a very large system, and know what it takes. If you need help, just let me know. It is too involved to have it provided as a forum entry.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Compatibility problem of timestamp datatype of DB2 & MySql
July 26, 2010 05:23PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.