MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Informix

How to transfer data b/w remote Informix NTS 2000 db server to local MySql
Posted by: Rajneesh Yadav
Date: January 18, 2006 08:52PM

Hi friends,
Please help me to find a way to transfer data from a remote infomix database to local MySql database.Using dbacess tool i can make a flat file and later transfer it to my local pc and load data to database.But i need to make a programe which will run 24*7 and after every 1/2 hr load data to local pc.
How can i directly transfer or how to unload data to to flat file on that remote machine which i can get using FTP.When i send 'unload to abc.txt select * from .....' it always says syntax error.I seached on net and found that this statement is used by dbaccess to execute on database and is not a pure sql query.
Also i am not able to get resultset on that specific table because it is always in transaction and i get error 'system can not get information from this table' .It seems that table is locked due to transactions being taking place.
Can i access dbaccess using a java program,telnet or any way that i can get my work done.
Pleeeeeeaaaaaaaase help me out..........
Thanks in advance...........
Rajneesh.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
How to transfer data b/w remote Informix NTS 2000 db server to local MySql
January 18, 2006 08:52PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.