MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

DATETIME becomes TEXT when linked to MS-Access
Posted by: Alan Searle
Date: May 29, 2005 04:36AM

I am linking MySQL tables to an MS-Access (97) front-end with MyODBC and, although most things seem to work fine, I find that my DATETIME fields become TEXT and are not (even as text) updateable.

I googled the web and checked this forum and found that (apparently) in earlier versions of MyODBC DATETIME formats were interpreted correctly but apparently this didn't work in some versions of MyODBC 3.51. The postings that I found recommended installing MyODBC 3.51.11 which I did but found that it still didn't work. I also installed all service packs (for Win2K and for Jet) but this also didn't make a difference.

In this forum I notice that the problem is recognised but the solution that people seem to be recommending is to break up the date into 3 text fields but this really isn't acceptable as I will need to use a lot of date-formatting functions for my reporting :-(

Can anyone help me here?

Many thanks,
Alan Searle

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
DATETIME becomes TEXT when linked to MS-Access
May 29, 2005 04:36AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.