MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

To NULL or be NOT NULL
Posted by: Sebastien Caisse
Date: November 29, 2005 07:51AM

Has anyone tackled the problem of table conversions working properly regarding their nullable/not nullable states?

I've actually taken to insall eclipse (and failed to get it to work as can be seen in the MT forum), albeit I can change code and output data to the "advance" window which alloed me to at least test some stuff out.

Albeit my result wasn't very helpfull since I simply couldn't figure out the relation of a column's nullable states through the JDBC driver.

Though at which layer the problem really happens is somewhat of a mysetery. The JDBC drivers are known to be solid and MT isn't the source of the problem, which pretty much leaves the Jet drivers as badly reporting their nullable states. Looking at various specs on the ODBC standard from microsoft, the JDBC abides properly to the IsNullable shemata decription...

Anyone else try to tackle this issue? For now my sollution was to default everything to NULL (removeing the if statement from the java reverse engeneering) and edit the creation script for the few places that aren't null before the migration...

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
To NULL or be NOT NULL
November 29, 2005 07:51AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.