MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Re: PDA Client or Access Sync Tool???
Posted by: bhushan palsapure
Date: September 23, 2004 01:52AM

hello Jason,
I hope that you would have got a solution to your answer till now.
Actually I am stuck in some 'databses on PDA's' kindda problem.Reading your message I thought you could help me out.Will you ....please??
Its like this:
Using Java I am planning to develop a database application which would be deployed on different types(linux based,Pocket PC's,Palm) of PDA's .The application would have local database on the PDA as well as a server database on a desktop machine .The application would be able to acces both the databases.

I wanted to choose a RDBMS for both these databases.As for the server machine I know that, I can choose MySQL .But I just could not check out if MySQL provides any database product deployable on the PDA.As you have mentioned in your message that MySQL doesnt have any PDA client can you please tell me,if:
1.......... I can deploy MySQL(desktop version) on the PDA?
2...........If yes what should I do to do this?
3........... what other choices do I have?
(I have gone through some author's message where he said that he have heard about deploying MySQL on Zaurus PDA but he was also not sure).

Will you please get me through this?

thanks in advance
Kind regards,
Bhushan

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
August 23, 2004 12:57PM
Re: PDA Client or Access Sync Tool???
September 23, 2004 01:52AM
February 21, 2006 09:59AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.