MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

ODBC Call Failed for only 1 table in DB
Posted by: Virgil Machine
Date: March 08, 2011 12:26PM

I am migrating am MS Access 97 application to MySQL. First step is to export tables to MySQL, link to them from Access, and use Access as a front end.

MySQL is on a server running Ubuntu Lucid. The clients are windows xp vms under virtualbox.

I have exported 17 tables. Only one of them has a problem. It's not large: 627 rows and 85 columns. I can browse it on the server with phpmyadmin, and I have no problem accessing via php code in firefox.

When I click on the table in access, I get the helpful message "ODBC call failed." I can open it in design mode--Access tells me it's a linked table and shows me all the column definitions.

I can open and manipulate all of the other 16 tables.

I have tried deleting and re-exporting and copying the mysql table files fromm another machine I exported to--no change. We built a new server to get ready for production mode, exported to it, and I still have the same problem with this table only.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I could look to troubleshoot this?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
ODBC Call Failed for only 1 table in DB
March 08, 2011 12:26PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.