MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Not really a migration but a replacement
Posted by: Derek Rouleau
Date: December 29, 2011 07:44AM

I use MySQL for our intranet site and so far it has been working great for that. We are currently upgrading our network to all "new" stuff (servers, software). We currently use Access for temp databases. Basically the program reads from the SQL Server and then does a lot of the work using Access as temp tables. This is getting slow and the cost is becoming prohibitive as we have 40+ users and now each will need a license for 2010. I'd like to try using MySQL as it should be faster and obviously less expensive. My one concern is date fields, M$ uses one format and MySQL uses the Unix format (I can't remember the actual name off hand). I'm guessing this is going to cause problems? I'm sure other people have done this so I'd like to know if this was a problem or how it was overcome. I'm trying to get some information together before our next meeting. I've found some old articles but would like to get some more recent info and peoples findings vs some rants from people that didn't know what they were doing and had problems. Thank you in advance!!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Not really a migration but a replacement
December 29, 2011 07:44AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.