MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

MySQL Forums :: Microsoft Access :: Error: "This record has been changed by another user..." when updating fields with same value
Posted by: Michael Krause
Date: January 03, 2012 03:03PM

I've taken away two excellent suggestions from a thread on this same topic. They are:

- Be sure to set a default value for every column having a bit datatype
- Be sure every table has a timestamp column (I name mine 'ts') AND set a default value of CURRENT_TIMESTAMP.

However, there is one more key point that I may have missed or that was not stated. That is:
- Ensure that every row having a bit datatype column contains a non-null value in the bit datatype column.

I had a number of rows in my table where this was not the case and in spite of having made the recommended changes, when I'd attempt to edit other columns (from MS Access) in the given table, I'd take the error. Seemed like magic but I finally figured it out and hopefully will not encounter that error again.

Best wishes.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL Forums :: Microsoft Access :: Error: "This record has been changed by another user..." when updating fields with same value
January 03, 2012 03:03PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.