MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Re: Using Microsoft Access as a Front-end to MySQL
Posted by: Brad Scott
Date: December 01, 2008 01:49PM

I’ve got my MySQL cgi application working great online. Now I’m trying to get to the data using MS Access 2000 as a frontend with the MySQL ODBC 5.1.5 Connector. All goes well with the linked tables, but before long, I get:

ODBC –call failed

[MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver][mysqld-5.0.51a-community]MySQL server has gone away (#2006)

The problem is the web host has a 15 second timeout. So, I want to connect, transfer data, and disconnect (without closing the database), then have the option to reconnect when needed. I've tried dropping all the linked tables and reconnecting them later, but I still get this message. The problem is clearly that Access is trying to maintain the connection even though there are no tables linked. Is there any way I can force Access to drop the connection when there are no tables linked (short of closing Access)?

thanks,

Brad Scott

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.