MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Migration MSAccess->MySQL in Workbench problems.
Posted by: Lars MOngs
Date: July 19, 2016 03:03PM

I don't understand how this works:

In Workbench 6.3.7 in Migration Wizard the Source Selection is set as:
1. I am choosing my source MSAcessDB in 'Source Selection' by selecting 'Microsoft Access' from the list of supported systems.
2. Connection Method='ODBC Data Source'.
Parameters:
3. DSN= 'MS Access Database (Microsoft Access Driver(*.mdb, *.accdb)'.
(I have set User DSN: arxwebtab1.mdb - 'MS Access Database (Microsoft Access Driver(*.mdb, *.accdb)' in ODBC Data Source Administrator (32-bit)).
4. Default Character Set='cp1252'.

The thing is that I could have MULTIPLE databases (*.mdb) being connected to this Microsoft Access ODBC Driver.
How does the system know which .mdb-file I am referring to by just setting the DSN to 'MS Access Database (Microsoft Access Driver(*.mdb, *.accdb)'??
How does it know I am now aiming at migration from 'arxwebtab1.mdb' and no other AccessDB??

BTW, when I put in these values and do 'Test Connection' I get 'Test Source DBMS Connection, Operation cancelled'.
When trying to go on into 'Fetch Schemas List' I get this:
ERROR: Exception in task 'Connect to source DBMS': SystemError('Error("(\'HY000\', \'The driver did not supply an error!\')"): error calling Python module function DbMsAccessRE.connect',)

SO I don't understand and I get an error..
What can I do?
Can you help me out??

TIA

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Migration MSAccess->MySQL in Workbench problems.
July 19, 2016 03:03PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.