MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Re: AutoNumber recognition by MS Access
Posted by: Sean Nolan
Date: April 05, 2005 03:18PM

It seems like there are some known problems with the ODBC Connector that are probably to blame for this (http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=8363).

What I have found however is that everything works correctly even though it shows up as Number. Of course Access will allow you to supply a value for the column, so you'd want to hide that column - as long as you don't provide a value for the column it will increment automatically as it should.

The problem you are seeing with the values showing #Deleted only seems to happen if you have a Time column in a table and you specify a value for that column. And the interesting thing is that the data is added correctly even though you see those #Deleted values. So I'd say if possible until the problems are ironed out, try not use Time columns (you should be able use DateTime instead) and then things seem to work as expected.

I haven't tried some of the older versions, but it seems some people don't have these problems if you go back to something like the server version 4.0.18, and the ODBC Driver version 3.51.04.

Sean Nolan

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
April 05, 2005 07:10AM
Re: AutoNumber recognition by MS Access
April 05, 2005 03:18PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.