MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

subquery using macros to update related fields
Posted by: George Loeppky
Date: April 11, 2005 09:45AM

Hello,

I'm attempting to convert a strictly MS Accss database to MS Access as the frontend and MySQL as the backend. We are using Access 97 with sp2 on XP (having troubles installing Jet 4.0 drivers) against MySQL 3.23.47. I'm using MyODBC 3.50.9 as the driver due to issues with .10 and .11.

I basically have a form that is creating a quote from parts tables. So what I need to do is copy data from my parts tables into my quotes since my parts tables change over time. At this point I'm using macros to do the copying but the macros are failing.

Getting into more detail, I have a drop down box that is sourcing varchar(50) field as it's unique identifier. Yes, I know it should be an auto-increment field, but right now I'm stuck with this. Anyway, I've got a macro that executes After Update, that copies the rest of the data over and the macro is failing without any description. My guess is that, the Access has lost the record and doesn't know what record to update. (Yes, there is a dummy timestamp and in fact there is a int auto_increment but is currently not yet in use) And before you ask, I have removed all the macros to see if it updates, and yes it updates without coming up with #DELETED# or #error

My question is, how do I have Access find the recently created record so that I can update these fields? Also, do I need to make sure that the record source for the drop down box contains all the necessary fields to update the new record? Doing this causes all the fields to show up in the drop down box, which I would prefer not to do. And of course ultimately, is that even my problem?

BTW, all of this works when the tables are all held in Access.

Thanks in advanced for any help/suggestions.

George Loeppky

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
subquery using macros to update related fields
April 11, 2005 09:45AM
May 26, 2005 07:40PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.