MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

New entry in combobox how to?
Posted by: Steve Kieu
Date: May 04, 2005 04:27AM

Hi,

I got MS Access 2003 using MySQL 4.0.24-max table as its backend, using link tables through MyODBC 3.51.06 (newer version causing unfixed problems). This works nearly flawlessly except one problem so far.

The situation is, I got a student form and linked to a sub-form student-agency by studentcounter. student form bind to a query q_student (based on table student), student-agency bind to a query q_student-agency which is an inner join between table student-agency and agency (student = agency, many to many relation, joined using student-agency). In the sub form I got a combo box bind to AngencyID and based on a list which is translate the ID to AgencyName.

If a student has at least an agency, no problem. If the student does not have any agency (found in student-agency table) which means no data in the subform the combo box does not display, all I have is a blank sub form without the combobox. If I do not use MySQL table as back end but use Access table, this works as expected, the combo box display a blank field. I need to display the blank field so I can assign that student with new Agency.

So far I see, when a query return no data, the form field in Access does not display blank field like it should when using with Access table.

Does anyone have this problem and is there any way to work around it?

Thank you in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
New entry in combobox how to?
May 04, 2005 04:27AM
March 02, 2006 10:15PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.