MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

recordset record loking
Posted by: bob lambert
Date: October 01, 2004 07:40PM

Help

just learning mysql by converting an ms access db to mysql. currently have all tables in mysql backend and still using ms access front end to access and update tables (making conversions for mysql as I go).

in ms access visual basic I open a recordset then use addnew to add new record(s). after adding several records I wanted to queue up 1 at a time in a specific order and add some more info to the records. I found I had to do a recordset requery in order to even see the data just added or else I would get a records deleted error (which they were not). But then after getting past that and queueing up the record I wanted to add more data to , I edited it and changed some values of fields, but when I went to update I got error that someone else was trying to write data at the same time (which they were not).

It seems the records were locked and I dont understand why if I performed an update. It never gave me a problem in access.

what do I have to do to unlock or release the records so I can edit them again ?

Thanks for help

Bob

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
recordset record loking
October 01, 2004 07:40PM
October 04, 2004 02:24PM
October 06, 2004 02:55PM
October 06, 2004 03:57PM
October 06, 2004 04:09PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.