MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Re: The connection to the target database could not be established
Posted by: Michael Euler
Date: November 10, 2009 07:39AM

Hi

I have done it manually and it worked without problems. The description to do it, I found here in the forum. I simply set up an empty MySQL-Database with ODBC-link and exported the Access tables one by each other to this MySQL-Database. Next step was to set up new linked table in Access, renamed to old ones and renamed the new linked tables to the original name. Than I have deleted the old Access-tables. During this process you may not open any Access-query or report, connected to the tables! As soon as the linked tables are installed and renamed to the original names, all features of the Access-database are working properly. No problems.
Some settings you have to adjust manually in the MySQM-database Primary keys are not transformed and date formats are transformed to variant. This should be corrected.

Question is, why does it not work with the migration tool?

Regards
Mike

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: The connection to the target database could not be established
November 10, 2009 07:39AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.