MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Re: DAO/Access2k/MySQL5 rs.addnew #DELETED#
Posted by: Jake Yazici
Date: July 12, 2005 06:42PM

To verify that this simply wasn't a DAO problem, I created another test app using only ADO for row inserts on a couple of the migrated tables. The environment configuration is the was the same (MySQL table mapped to linked table in Access2K, using VBA ADO lib 2.6). Again, the row was inserted to the MySQL table, but the auto_inc PK value would not return to the recordset object.

I re-linked the tables to their MSSQL counterparts, and the inserts worked as expected, and returned valid record ids. For me, this really narrows it down to the ODBC driver. Does anyone have any suggestions (other than wait for Connectort/ODBC 5.0)?

Is there a specific bug # for this?

-Jake

"I conclude that there are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies." - C. A. R. Hoare

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: DAO/Access2k/MySQL5 rs.addnew #DELETED#
July 12, 2005 06:42PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.