MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

How to update fields in linked tables... Time/Date Problem
Posted by: Lydon Bergin
Date: July 12, 2005 08:54AM

First of all, I am new to all things SQL, so I'm learning as I go, and I appreciate any help I can get.

Here is my problem: My company's software uses an Access database to keep track of IT Work Orders. Our IT Staff (Including Me) have our own webcalendars running on Ubuntu Linux with a MySQL database. In Access, I have set up links to two of the tables on the WebCalendar's MySQL Database. What I want to know is #1 - what is the best way to keep the WebCalendar (MySQL) database up to date periodically, and #2 the big problem...

#2 - The format of the dates in the two tables are different. I would like to know how I can convert them in the process of moving them to the MySQL table. The Access format is mm/dd/yy HH:MM:SS A/P.M and the webcalendar format is (An INTEGER I believe) YYYYMMDD for the field called cal_date and (another INTEGER) HHMMSS for cal_time. Is there anyway that I can split the one Field in Access to the two fields and convert them to the correct format? I know that this is probably more of an Access problem than a MySQL problem, but any help would be very appreciated.

PS: I am trying to use an Access Update Query to perform this feat.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
How to update fields in linked tables... Time/Date Problem
July 12, 2005 08:54AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.