MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Re: Access front end - switchboard problems
Posted by: Oran Gough
Date: July 28, 2005 10:38PM

The switchboard uses VBA program to accomplish its form set up. If you use the switchboard you need to make sure all your queryies on the forms are SQL. you can open the properties of the forms and then on the data query right click on the top of the query form. It will show an option to view it in SQL. Take a look at that SQL and make sure it works in MySQL. The brackets and periods seperating the tables and queries needs to be right and the joins have worked in MS Access but might have to be modified for your work in MySql. Use one of the great tools to check the MySQL commands and ensure the form interacts properly with the tables. Third possibility is to use a pass through query from Access. Look that up and if nothing else works it should.
Also check the commands the Switchboard uses. It takes an open table or form with an argument and that caused me some problems. If it is just opening a form in browse mode with a simple select query I had no problems. It is when the Select statements get complicated that it caused me grief. You can add your own commands to the Switchboard in VBA pretty easily if you look. The first two collums/fields identify the switchboard page, the next is the title of the command button, and then you have the numbered command (defined in the VBA) and an argument. I added some fields for additional arguments for some commands and they worked well. This could be done for the pass through command when opening a form.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Access front end - switchboard problems
July 28, 2005 10:38PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.