MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

ú -> £
Posted by: qazplm
Date: October 26, 2004 12:06PM

Hello, i made a migration from access -> xbase (dbf) -> mysql by dbf2mysql, but when I make a select
from table simbols how ñ, á, é, etc (castellano language) show anothers simbols how £, etc.

I try to change in my.cnf default-character-set=latin1, or dos, or latin2, in the [client] and [mysql]
but always put the same strangers symbols.

With openoffice and the driver sdbc for xbase i can see the data very well, when i changing the type of the char from "system" to "Europa occidental (DOS/OS2-850/International)".

And i try to change the table with myisamchk --set-character-set=dos or others but i can't see the data corretnes.

Sombody can give me a solution or some tracks about the conversion of data.

Thankyou for all


Options: ReplyQuote

Written By
ú -> £
October 26, 2004 12:06PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.