MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Why is Access querying so slow?
Posted by: Stephan Zickermann
Date: October 12, 2005 03:26AM

Hi,

I am running queries on a linked MySQL-Table in Access. The MySQL-Table has millions of rows and I am trying to get 20.000 of them with an easy sql statement, which is only searching over an index field. Something like that: "SELECT * FROM table WHERE index_field = 603"

If I am running that query with my local MySQL-Tools I am getting the complete result set in seconds. If I am running the query in MS Access, CPU in Task Manager is going to 100%, network is not doing so much and memory is free. But Access is working for hours...

My config: MS Access XP, Windows XP, current MyODBC Driver

Seems to me, like Access is so slow!? Or does someone have any tips? Can I do something different, to get my data transfered into a local Access table than using a linked table and a query on this linked table? What I actually want is to get the result of the query in a new Access table for further analysis.

Stephan

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Why is Access querying so slow?
October 12, 2005 03:26AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.