MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Re: Migrating ACCESS to a live system
Posted by: Sebastien Caisse
Date: December 06, 2005 06:35PM

Well, that's what I decided to do on a small scale multiuser database. There were small issues with the ODBC driver but I've eventually understood how to make everything work correctly.

Queries went from 3-7 seconds (depending on file server usage, sometimes it could take 15 seconds to 1 minute even...) to ~.003 second (with proper memory allocation setup in MySQL). The DB only contains about a dozen tables with relathionships and a total amount of about 250000 rows.

Though offhand now I'd probably try MSSQL Express 2005 first since from what I've heard, changing from Jet to MSDE2000 is pretty much transparent to Access, albeit I found few tools to meet my needs which worked with MSDE2000. Back when when changed "server" solutions, MSSQL Express 2005 was still beta and I really didn't feel liking jumping into probably buggy software, without support and without code sources...

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
October 19, 2005 05:06AM
November 09, 2005 03:18PM
Re: Migrating ACCESS to a live system
December 06, 2005 06:35PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.