MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Impossible to copy MEMO field from Access to MySQL
Posted by: johnny bigoode
Date: January 03, 2012 09:20AM

I'm currently migrating to MySql but I'm running into a few problems.

It's impossible to abandon the current model we use since we are unable to capture the information we need without Access. And our company will only allows us to use Access 97.

But I've been wondering if it's possible to set up a server on our local network so any user can access this database - instead of the current model where every individual user need to copy the Access file and then run some internal VBA programs to connect to via PCOM to the server and capture the needed information.

So far the server is online, but it's not logging - don't ask me, I'm still trying to figure it out.

The problem is updating the server's tables - there's crucial information that is store on a MS Access table under the MEMO TYPE.

I already tried everything to copy it over to the server, but it seems impossible - including changing the server field type to text,longtext,blob and bigblob.

My current try was to use the command 'AppendChunk' to send small chunks of the memo field to MySql - that gave me a running error 3259. Invalid Data Field.

And when I do try something like
qweMessage_table!message = qweCont!message

I get a running time error '3163' - Data too big for field - try copying less data.

I'm lost and I don't know what to do.
I've got some information about the 'max_allowed_packet' var in the my.cnf file - I did change it to 512M and it didn't fix anything.

I'm not sure if this is an MSAccess limitation or what, but any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Impossible to copy MEMO field from Access to MySQL
January 03, 2012 09:20AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.