MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Converting Access 2003 to Access 2007
Posted by: Murray Muspratt-Rouse
Date: February 04, 2013 02:27AM

8 years ago I designed, programmed and installed the first of a number of Access 2003 databases under Windows XP, using MySQL Community Server to hold the 'master' tables. I am now attempting to install those databases under Windows 7 with Access 2007. I have restored a backup from the Windows XP system, which is running Community Server 5.1.1, to create a new catalog on Community Server 5.5.10 running under Windows 7. I have tried using the Access Linked Table Manager to change the DSNs to one pointing to the catalog on the Win7 system, but Access finds an error and restarts (a total of 4 links have been updated). I have also tried removing all the links from the Access database and then importing them. My final attempt was to export a table from the Access database and then import a link to it. This failed as well.

Is there anything I can do to convert the tables held on the the server on the WinXP system or on the Win7 system to cure the problem? All suggestions gratefully received!

Problem solved! The solution was to add a 64 bit connector, even though the server is installed as 32 bit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2013 04:25PM by Murray Muspratt-Rouse.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Converting Access 2003 to Access 2007
February 04, 2013 02:27AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.