MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Link Breakage using MS Access as frontend to MySQL server
Posted by: Bryce Larsen
Date: January 16, 2022 09:38PM

Hello,
So I'm writing because I'm experiencing a bit of an issue. I have running a MySQL Community 8.0.25 server which at present houses 1286 rows of data. This data is primarily accessed for human consumption via a Microsoft Access 2007 linked table which uses the ODBC connector (also version 8.0.25) although it is read/written by a couple of other applications as well on a regular basis. This setup has been working well for me for about five months now, at least until about three days ago. Previously I was able to view and filter the entire database without issue, yet now when using most methods to view any of the last 16 rows of the database Access loses its link to the DB (all boxes show '?NAME' which does not go away when hitting the 'refresh all' button). The exception to this is if I use the equals filter on a VARCHAR column, in which case I can view/edit data from the last several entries. Other filters which would return result sets that include those last several rows incite what appears to be the same loss of connection.
In attempting to diagnose and solve this issue I have verified that those last few records do exist and are visible via queries through other types of connection (including the Dotnet & Python connectors as well as the MySql application on the server). In my ODBC connector settings, I have attempted to correct the problem by enabling 'allow big result sets', 'use compression', 'enable automatic reconnect', & 'Enable safe options' each one at a time and in several combinations thereof. I have via ODBC created both a trace file and a debug log yet I can see nothing visibly wrong in the debug log (no errors listed and all queries listed simply as 'executed') and I lack the skills to parse the trace file.
So that's my dilemma. Thanks for taking the time to read it through, any assistance would be hugely appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Link Breakage using MS Access as frontend to MySQL server
January 16, 2022 09:38PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.