MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

J# and JDBC
Posted by: Wizard1027
Date: February 28, 2006 09:42AM

Hi,

This may be a simple question, but I've tried everything that I can think of and can't make any progress on it.

I have been asked to port a Java program to .NET (.NET 2.0, using VS 2005). The existing program has a database manipulation class that uses JDBC to connect to and manipulate an old Access database. The class itself converted to J# easily enough, and it continues to work properly with the existing Access database.

My client would now like to convert their database to MySQL. Although the conversion itself seems straightforward, I can't seem to find a way to connect to the database.

- Even if I unzip, reorganize, and recompile the MySQL Connector/J jar files, they seem to rely on Java classes that don't exist in J#.

- The MySQL Connector/Net and MySQL Connector/ODBC connectors seem to focus on other .NET languages, and don't appear to be compatible with JDBC.

1. Will any of the existing MySQL connectors allow me to use JDBC in J#?

2. If not, what would be the most straightforward way for me to use a MySQL database from J#? The class in question is quite convoluted; I'd really prefer to avoid major rewrites if possible.

Thanks,
Steve

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
J# and JDBC
February 28, 2006 09:42AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.